Saturday, October 14, 2017

News From The Outpost 10-14-17

Monday, October 9, 2017

Dreadtober Update 1

I spent some time this week getting the base coat airbrushed on my model.  I started with a Green Brown and then hit it with yellow (Vallejo Model Air US Interior Yellow 71.107). 

The next step is to wash the model with Vallejo Mecha Dark Rust, dry brush with the US Interior Yellow and a Flat Yellow.  I did the head and it turned out good.

I am happy with the way my Yellow turns out and can wait to get this model finished. 

News From The Outpost October 7, 2017

Monday, October 2, 2017


I am taking part in Dreadtober 2017 and paint up my Morkanaut.  If you have not heard of this event please check out their blog page,  I am off to a great start tonight getting my model primed.

I did have a slight accident, I dropped my model while priming it breaking off a piece.  Now I have to pin it back in place after the primer is good an dry. 

If I can get this model finished in the next few weeks I will get some additional Killa Kans painted up also.  This is a big part of my 2000 point army that I want to have finished by the end of the year. 

Saturday, September 30, 2017

New From The Outpost 9-30-17

Saturday, September 23, 2017

News From The Outpost 9-23-17

Friday, September 22, 2017

Hobby Desk Revamp

Back in May 2016 if finished my Hobby Room renovation.  I posted a video showing the work that I had competed and my hobby room layout.  One of my goals was to use the space for a period of time before finalizing my hobby desk.  I spent the last few days breaking down my hobby desk and putting it back together again.  One of the challenges I was having was not enough work space.  I had too much stuff on the desktop and I could only work on one project at a time.  I was also using my space as a catch all for my hobby stuff and it was getting cluttered. 

One of the reasons I decided to go with this Ikea set up was the low cost to replace the desk top if it got damaged over time.  The wooden boxes on the top desk top caused it to sag in the middle due to the amount of weight was had become an issue.

Once I took the desktop and shelf down I had to flip around the brackets that held the shelf in place.  They were in the way and just bugged me. 

Once the brackets were flipped around I put my space back together again.  I started with a new desktop that I purchased for $30.  I took the original top shelf and cut it down to 15 inches to become a middle shelf and used the original desktop as the top shelf.  I also purchased some more storage boxes to hold all my paints.  These boxes cost $20 and each box holds 30 Vallejo paints, so that is 180 paints in total.  I have organized my paints by color and have a mixture of different brands and these boxes hold all my paints.  

Adding my light to the middle shelf is so much better on me and my old eyes.  I will add some extra lighting under the top shelf but it will be a soft light not a painting light.  Now I can set up my airbrush booth on my desk and still have room to work on other projects, all my paints are organized by color and put away.  I just really like how just adding this one shelf has changed my hobby desk and created my work space.