BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 21, 2017

Storage and Transportation

Now that I am getting back into 40K and soon AoS it was time to make some new storage boxes.  I have talk about my storage system before back in 2009.  I thought it would be a good subject to share again.

I use simple banker boxes to store and transport my armies. 


I just cut the height of the box for the army I am working on.  You might noticed I messed up when cutting this box.  I forgot to take the lid off.  The good thing these boxes don't cost that much.  The box in this picture is 5 inches tall.


Once I have the box cut I cut fold over the side pieces and tape them down with box tape.







Then I place a some double sided tape to the bottom flap to keep it secured. 






For my Ork army I line the bottom of the box with adhesive magnetic sheet I picked up from the craft store (Michael's with a 40% off coupon).  It is the perfect width I just cut it to length.  This works for me because me because I use metal fender washers for my bases. 






Now some of my older models are metal and much larger.  I have a large collection of the business card magnets to create more strength. 






For my Custodian army I have rare earth magnets and I line the bottom of the box with sheets of metal. 






0 Comments: