BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Gearing Up for 40K 8th Edition

Warhammer 40k 8th edition will be released this Saturday are you ready for it? 

Just like other miniature gamers I stopped playing 40k after 6th edition came out.  At that time Games Workshop prices were just going through the roof and I started playing other games.  I attempted to get back into 40k a few times but the rules just got too complicated for causal fun games.  The new CEO took over in 2015 and has been making a lot of good changes with prices and products.  2016 GW brought back Blood Bowl and it has been a big hit for the gaming community.  Earlier this year they released Shadow War: Armageddon and another big hit for the gaming community.  This Saturday will be the release of Warhammer 40k 8th edition and people are excited and pulling a lot of us back into the GW customer base. 

Games Workshop sent out review copies to the stores and social media outlets and this has helped build the hype for the release.  I have jumped on the hype train and pulled out my Orks and started looking at my collection.  I figured I would start painting up some new models and started with Zagstruk.  My goal is to finally finish a 2000 point Ork army over the next few months while I learn the new rules and get back into 40k. 


     

3 Comments:

Dean Vuckovich said...

I was planning on picking up the RB for 8th, but while I was back in AZ a few weeks ago loading up the van, I forgot to pack my 40k armies. Oh well, I MAY still pick it up, but we'll see. Really enjoying Guild Ball at the moment and the low model counts.

Neal Smith said...

I am in the same boat as you. I did get 7th edition, but only played a couple games of it before I came to the same conclusions as you...

My minis got packed away until about two weeks ago, when I got them out and went straight to my Orks! I had a couple units painted and many more "built", but never got them finished. Over the last two weeks I've finished a War Boss, a unit of about 10-11 Nobz and now I'm starting on my 6 Deff Koptas!

Can you tell that I'm excited? :)

Dagreenskins said...

I need to pull out some Deff Koptas and get some painted they are amazing models