BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 15, 2017

5.11 Tactical Gaming Vest

I am exposed to a lot of uniforms, tactical bags and stuff.  The other day I saw this cool vest that really caught my eye.  It is made by 5.11 and they make a lot of uniforms for Public Safety and they like to add a lot of pockets.  I decided I would pick this up and use it for gaming.  I know it is totally geeky but it works and I can hold all my dice, templates, tape measures and even rule books.  Let me show you all the cool features of this 5.11 vest. 

It is hard to see the pockets but it has a total of 9 pockets on the front of this vest.   Some of the pockets are open, one has a zipper, a few have Velcro and it has two pockets like a jacket behind the lower pockets.  These pockets hold my dice, templates and tokens.  I started adding some buttons I have picked up over the past few months and will add more as time goes on. 





The back of the vest has a pocket that holds a mini rules book and two water bottles.  This will work out great at Adepticon 2018 so I can keep two large water bottles handy.







It also has pockets on the inside of the vest.  It has a standard pocket on the left side that can hold larger templates and one in the back of the vest that can hold 8.5 X 11 paper. 



It also has some larger pockets between the two layers of the vest.  This will let me keep more army lists and other paper items.


I know it is a bit geeky to have a vest to hold my gaming aids while I play but I like it.  I used it on Saturday and it worked out great.  I loaded the vest up with everything I needed for the games I was playing and just wore it while I played.  It was very handy and now it just needs some patches and more buttons. 

3 Comments:

Dean Vuckovich said...

Love it... we may be twins at ACON 2018 :)

Dagreenskins said...

I'm a trendsetter, I have about half the funds saved up for ACON 2018

Dean Vuckovich said...

I havnt thought about funds yet for ACON :) Warmachine Weekend and SteamCon are first. This is the first year for SteamCon USA and its in the old ACON location (a plus for me).