BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 21, 2017

Shadow War: Armageddon

Another big release from GW has caused more distractions in my hobby progress.  Shadow War: Armageddon is a re-branding of Necrmunda.  The first release is a starter box with the rules, two forces and tons of terrain.  I picked up two copies of the starter box so I could have more terrain that I don't have a place to store.  What is good about this terrain is it is modular and it can be taken apart and stored in a small container so I should be able to find a place to store it.  Another thing to point out is all the pieces go together great because GW has added indicators notches so we are not just gluing two flat spots together.  I must say this is some of the best terrain GW has put out. 













I also did some chopping on this crab looking thing and freed it from its chains.  Now it can be a moving piece of terrain.


This release has gotten me excited to start building more terrain.  I purchased a resin casting kit form Micro-Mark and will cast up some of the floor pieces to expand my collection.  My though is to put a few of these floor pieces together to create a base for the rest of terrain to be set on.  I don't know exactly what I will be doing but I will keep you posted. 

 






5 Comments:

Jeff Tibbetts said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Be careful with the rubber bands if you're using plastic cement. I recently had an issue where the glue was a little too 'hot' so it melted quite a bit, and then the rubber bands were pushing so hard I got quite a bit of extruded plastic at the seam.

Dagreenskins said...

Thanks for the tip Jeff. I was lucky and had no issues. As soon as I get some projects off my list I will get this terrain done.

Thor said...

I always enjoy working on terrain, though I don't do it often. With terrain you get a freedom to experiment that you may not otherwise have with your army. It's a great place to try out new techniques.

Jake Noble said...

Hi,

I built this and thought you might find it useful/interesting. It creates, manages and tracks your Kill Teams

https://shadow-war.zone/

Dagreenskins said...

Very cool thanks for sharing