BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Adepticon 2017: Final Thoughts

I feel I have covered my experience to Adepticon 2017 well over the past few posts.  I am still going to talk more about my last painting class however I need to set aside a few hours to write that post.  It is the wet blending class with Aaron Lovejoy and he covered a lot of information is a small period of time.  I will attempt to get it done this week just not sure when.

For this post I am just going to share my thoughts about the event and my experiences.  If you can't already tell I had a great time at the Adpeticon and will be attending again in the future.  This was the 15th  year and the organizer really have it down.  I am sure behind closed doors they had some issue but for a first timer it appeared well run and organized.  There were enough activities to keep people entertained playing games or taking classes all day long.  I am glad that I did not sign up for any of the tournaments and just enjoyed the atmosphere.  Like I said going into this, I just wanted to hang out, geek out and get my drink on and that is what I did.  My wife was with me during the event and she really enjoyed what the hotel had to offer.  She was able to work out and just have a relaxing time by herself and than we got together in the evenings for dinner.  The trip was just a great time for both of us to get away from our daily lives.  

The vendor hall was very impressive and the vendors went all out with their set ups.  They had nice demo tables and displays to lure people like me right in.  I played a lot of demo games to see what is out on the market.  It was just a lot of fun to play different games, look at the amazing models and demo boards.  I purchased a lot of stuff and most of my money was spent with Forge World for my next project.   All of the vendors just did an amazing job promoting their products and the hobby.

What really made the event were all of the other attendees.  Being around so many other like minded people added to the atmosphere.  It was easy to start a conversation with people and just talk about gaming.  I didn't have any negative experiences with anyone and made new friends.  The best part was finally meeting the people I talk to on Twitter.  I got to hang out with a few and say Hi to a lot more.  Now we can say we know each other and not just followers on Twitter. 

Being the realist that I am, if I went to Adepticon every year all the excitement would ware off seeing all the cool stuff.  When we go back again I will sign up for a one day event or schedule some time to play with other friends.  For my first time attending, just taking a few classes each day gave me more than enough time to enjoy everything that was going on.  I didn't miss anything that I wanted to see or do and really just had a great time. 

I was able to check off another box from the bingo card, "Paint a model not in your usual spot".  I think painting at Adepticon counts for this.   


0 Comments: