BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Car Wars

On Friday I was at the game shop and I saw this on the New Release Shelf






This took me back to my childhood and a lot of great memories playing this game with friends.  This is one of the games that took me down the road of gaming.  I had the first edition of this game and we would spend hours designing vehicles and smashing it out on the tabletop.  This was a instant buy for me and when I opened it up it was the same game.  The counters are better, they are a hard cardboard and already punched out.  They are not the card stock sheets that we had to cut out.  This is the original version of the game and it just a reprint.  The thing is this game really never went away, it was just converted to a PDF download from the SJ website.  Put to pick it up at my local game shop was just a great moment and was worth every penny.

On the SJ website they are talking about doing a KS for a 6th edition of the game.  This will be interesting and can't want to see what they do.  For now I will have this version of the game and will be smashing up more cars in the future. 

2 Comments:

Mike G. said...

This is one of my favorite games of all time. We played every Saturday all day in high school. I will definitely jump into the kickstarter. I still have all of my books and modules.

Mike Wilster said...

I look forward to their KS and will back it right away. Now sure how I will feel if the change the game too much but some new miniatures would be cool.