BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Clearing Off My Work Bench

So the end of the year is approaching and I have a goal to reach.  I want to have my work benched cleared off before starting anything new.  Normally I would not care to have projects piled up on my bench however, I have a lot going on right now and need to make room for new stuff.

So let me bring you up to speed.

I just finished some more Ork goodies.


I have a small collection of Ork models on the bench that I want finished.






The problem is I keep buying more stuff, just picked these up today.  These new purchases will have to wait before I even open the packages.




I have slowly been re-basing a Roman Army and that I also want to finish before the end of the year.  This has just been a slow project. 





I also have a farm house I need to finish before December to be added to our Christmas train.  You can see in the above picture I finished the outhouse (Lower Right Corner of Picture) this picture (Upper Left Corner)


So why am I putting this pressure on me to finish this stuff before the end of the year.  Well I have three Kickstarter projects that are being shipped to me all around the same time:

Arena Rex - Last update stated shipping starts in October
CAV - Wave one ships after the Kickstarter finishes
Robotech - On a boat from China should have by December or January

So for the rest of this year expect to see more Orks and some Romans marching off my bench.  The first project of these three will most likely be CAV.  I have a few buddies interested in the game so I can get it on the table.  The second project with be Arena Rex.  If I don't like the Arena Rex rules I have a back up set of rules for the models.





This game looks interesting and its by the same guys that did Saga so I have high expectations that they might be a solid set of Gladiator rules.  Back to the bench for me.........

2 Comments:

Greg Hess said...

Lovely orks! Excited to see what you do with the big walker.

How'd you like the great coat general ork?

Mike Wilster said...

The great coat was an easy model to paint and lots of detail. I might do an army of just Kromlech models.

I have a small collection of troop models that I need to finish before hitting the big walker. Have not decided on colors and conversions but look forward to working on it.