BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Laser Dream Works

I was hired by a friend to build some ships for him.  He is a retired Navy guy and has an interest in playing some games with larger scale ships.  He is just not happy with the scale and quality of the Sails of Glory models, I can't blame him.  So he ordered up a few models from Laser Dream Works.  The reason I was brought into his obsession was the fact that I own power tools and he does not.  The models are made out of wood except for the bottom of the hull.  It was some pink foam material and just was not cut correctly.  So he asked if I could build the hulls out of some other material.  I looked the models over and told him I could make them out of MDF and then put some plastic card on the bottom.  So I was hired to build the bottom of the hulls of his two models.

I was surprised how nicely these models went together.  Very few issues with the leaser cuts, two pieces in total did not come out freely and needed some small cuts to be removed.  They turned out nice and will look great on the table.  My payment for building his models will be a model of my own to build and play in his game.  I guess that is one way to get your friends to play the games that you want to play.

18 Gun







10 Gun 





Side by Side

0 Comments: