BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Napoleonic Stuff

The past few weeks I have seen an increase to my Napoleonic games.  Let me give you a run through with all the new stuff I picked up.



I purchased both of the Napoleonic books for Black Powder.  These are some nicely produced books and will get me ready for the big game that will be taking place later this year.

The new expansion of Command and Color was released and ended up in my collection.  This new expansion adds the Austrian Army.  I really like this game and have all three of the expansions plus the main game.  The one problem I have with this game is all the wooden blocks that come with the game and keeping them organized.  I finally came up with a solution for the blocks.  I found some small plastic boxes at the craft store.  They fit nicely in these wood boxes that I also get from the craft store.  So I painted the box and now can organize the wooden blocks in the individual plastic boxes.  Then I will put a nationality flag on each box.  I know it is a bit over the top but I really like this game and want to keep it organized.



Sails of Glory is a new Napoleonic Naval Combat game and is based off the Wings of Glory system.  I have only played the game once and I really like it.  After playing my first game I noticed that it has a lot of moving parts, all the counters that go on the ships board.  Well I decided to try something to minimize this issue.  I scanned the individual ship boards and had them printed out and laminated.  Now I can use a dry erase marker to do my book keeping.  I will be playing again on Friday and can't wait to see how these new boards work out. 
 

If you are interested in this time period and enjoy naval combat you might want to take a look at Sails of Glory.  The rules are broken down into three different levels of playing: Basic,Standard and Advance.  There are optional rules that add even more to the game.  Additional vessels have already been released and are prepainted plastic.  They look find for the game and if you were feeling creative with some washes and dry brushing they would look better.  Looks like this might be the year of Napoleonic Battles for me.     

1 Comments:

Robert Brightwell said...

Very cool! Love the boxes!