BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Call To Arms: Star Fleet


Well some time has passed since talking about the new Star Trek movie and playing A Call to Arms: Star Fleet.  I have been painting my Klingon's and playing the game.  I have finished most of the squad box and yesterday picked up three more blisters of models.

So far I am liking the game.  I have only played small point games to learn the mechanics.  Now that I understand how the game is played I am planning on playing larger point games.  If you look at my bases you might notice some different color lines on them.  These lines are to indicate the different firing arcs.  I decided to jazz up my bases by using some plastic card stock to create a 3D look to my lines.  I like the way they turned out.  

Now back to painting some more models.




5 Comments:

Tim Kulinski said...

Mike, those look awesome man! I only hope the models I do look as good as these. So what's it going to take to have you do my bases like yours?

Jerry said...

Nice touch with the 3d dials. The models look good, with clean lines. Good work!

fireymonkeyboy said...

Nice work on these! We tried the game a while back, and while most of us liked it, it didn't seem to catch on.

FMB

Jeremy said...

Nice stuff. We were looking at this game for a while but never got on board. Really looking for a top notch space game up here.

Da Green Skins said...

Hey guys thanks for the comments.

Tim, you are a skilled modeler and I bet you can make some of your own. But if you don't have the time then just give me your bases and I will make them.

Jerry, its all about clean lines when it comes to painting.

Fireymonkeybor, that is the same thing that happened at the local game shop. I am hoping to get more interest in the game.

Jeremy, spend some time with the rules to make sure it is what you are looking for. It is rather simple but fun to play. I didn't want to play a game with too much detail and book keeping. If that is what you want you might want Federation Commander.