BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 29, 2013

Bolt Action: Last 250 Points

Last night I finished painting my last installment of Bolt Action. Now I need to find some people that want to play it. I guess the game is lacking something for some members of our small group and they have moved on to other games. Jerry and I talked about getting together and playing a few games so we can form our own opinion about the rules. We haven't set a date because I want to finish painting the rest of collection. I still have about 10 models left over and want them to flush out my force list.  So below are the models I painted this month.

This is my 50 cal team.  I am missing the fourth member, it is drying.  I did make a custom base for the gun and I like the way it turned out.
This is my forward observing team.  I have one of the guys holding a shotgun.  I didn't notice any rules for shotguns but it looks cool and that is all that matters to me.
This is my 30 cal team.  I really like how these guys turned out.
This is a stray BAR guy.  He will be going into my next unit of guys.
Here is my next unit of guys.  I just dipped them last night so they are drying.  Once they are dry I will get the next 6 painted up giving me a full strength unit.

You know I want to be open and honest with something that took place during this challenge.  It appears that our small group has come to a cross roads.  Some things were said and some feelings got hurt over the past few months.  It has caused a divide in the group and I am not sure what the future holds for the group as a whole.  It is interesting how this group came together over one game, Lord of the Rings and has drifted away over one game, Bolt Action.  I know that my blog page is not the place to tell readers about our group dynamics however readers might have noticed some comments or tension within our posts, comments or lack of comments.  Maybe the group just needs time apart to explore different interests and gaming.  We no longer have that one game we all like, Lord of the Rings, and we are all looking for something different in gaming.  I feel that is what has pulled our group apart.  For me I will continue to look for that game I can get excited about and can have fun playing with my group of friends.     


10 Comments:

Mike G. said...

Great paint jobs, Mike!

Jerry said...

Good job finishing out the challenge. I have some Germans who'd like to get some exercise on these Americans.

Drunken Samurai said...

Looks good Mike! Let me know if you want to get in a game. I still like the game a lot.

Tim Kulinski said...

Nice work Mike, these guys came out great. When your ready for a game let me know...

GReg said...

Great work on these figures. The American Army book has got rules for shotguns.

Francis Lee said...

Those are bloody nice work.

Da Green Skins said...

Hey guys thanks for the comments about the army. Once I get my last batch of models painted I will have my whole collection painted and ready to play.

GReg I did notice that some units have a shotgun as a special rule but I didn't notice it as a weapon upgrade for all units. I will need to spend some more time with the rules, I have only played one game so far. Thanks for commenting on my army.

Laertes said...

Just out of curiousity, how would you say Bolt Action has taken off in the valley?

Laertes said...

Have you seen much Bolt Action being played in the valley? Just curious. :)

The new Perry offerings have been intriguing me but the last thing I need is another army for a game that is seldom played. :)

Da Green Skins said...

Laertes: I can't report on the success of Bolt Action at the stores in the East Valley. I play at IOG and we are trying to build the player base. Currently it is just a few of us playing on Fridays.

I am also waiting to see what the Perry Brothers put out to support this game. I really like their models.