BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kickstarter: Arena Rex

I have never taken part with anything on Kickstarter.  I know that this is a great way to get games and miniatures out on the market for us all to enjoy.  It has just been hard for me to get excited by yet another new miniatures game and more models to collect.  Nothing has captured my excitement like Lord of the Rings did.  I have invested in many games, rules and miniatures just to find disappointment.  Then I saw Arena Rex on Kickstarter and I gave them my support.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/441/185/646ef6fb1026ac8f124c092fb261f33c_large.jpg?1363133731

I will admit, I have always liked Arena style combat games.  It started with Avalon Hills Gladiator game, then Anachronism (I still have all my cards) but I never could find a good set of miniatures rules.  Then not that long ago GW put out a set of Gladiator rules and I jumped all over them.  As quickly as the game came out GW closed their historical line,  big thanks GW.  With the rules no longer being on the market it makes it hard to get people to play. 

http://www.beastsofwar.com/scaler/scaler.php?src=http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Aquila1.jpg&w=250&q=100

I am excited about Arena Rex and hope it will finally fill the void in my gaming life.  One thing I like about this Kickstarter campaign is that if you back the game at the Ludus level (which I did) you will get a PDF copy of the rules this summer.  I will get a chance to play the game and give feedback.  I felt it was a great move on the publisher to do this, it is more of a buy in for the backers.  If you are interested in this game check out this link: Arena Rex

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XywQlqK73Vg/USmYH_HXV2I/AAAAAAAAERM/7ePWjGxmxpg/s320/Aquila+Final+6.jpg

       

8 Comments:

Jerry said...

I've been watching this one too and honestly think I have to do this KS. I've never play arena combat games, but this just looks great. Nice write up, too.

Francis Lee said...

I must admit that miniature alone is very tempting, I still haven't stuck my toe in to a Kickstarter yet!

Da Green Skins said...

Jerry if you jump in we can start play testing it this summer. Very cool that you like it.

Francis Lee they are making some nice miniatures. This will be my first adventure with Kickstarter, I will update my blog and document my experience.

Thib-0 said...

Very well painted mini. Great job !

Da Green Skins said...

Thib-O I wish I painted that model. That is just one of the pictures on the Kickstarter page. Maybe one day I will be able to paint like that.

Mike G. said...

I. curious how fragile the resin mins are. Also, I wish that there was more info about the rules. It is essentially a beta test kickstarted.

Da Green Skins said...

Mike G. I can't answer say anything about the resin they are using. I will just have to wait and see. I would have liked to see more about the rules however I would have still jumped in with no information. I just really like gladiator style games. I will keep you posted.

Mike G. said...

Ugh, what a lot of typos in my first post!

I may jump in too anyway since it is my type of game.