BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bolt Action: Painting Challenge 2013 First 250 Points

That title says a lot

On January 1, 2013 I started painting up my American Bolt Action Army.  I am taking part in a painting challenge and each month I have to complete 250 points.  Below are pictures of my first 250 points. 







The Sherman tank I picked up in a trade.  It was a total mess when I got it.  The person that built it just glued the tracks on and slathered paint all over it.  I had to strip the paint and remove the tracks.  The tracks were not straight and the hull sat too high.  So I had to square up the tracks and remove material so the tracks fit better.  It was a lot of work but I like the way it turned out.  The bazooka team came from Warlord and they are plastic miniatures.  They take some time to get built properly but once they are built the paint up easily.

I was going to post up my list today however I decided against that.  My list was going to be a mobile infantry list.  So I was going to put two infantry squads in M3 Half Tracks and my HQ in a jeep.  Looking at the new army book I am not sure if I can use a jeep as a transport.  The rules state one transport vehicle per infantry squad.  My HQ selection is not an infantry squad so I don't think I can take a jeep to transport my HQ.  I know I really don't need to put my HQ in a jeep however it was just going to add flavor to my list.  So I am going to rethink my army list and when I figure out what I am going to do I will let you know.      

6 Comments:

Drunken Samurai said...

Looking good! Just a few more figs and you will be ready for a game.

Francis Lee said...

Damn well painted 250 points!

Jerry said...

Great job! You're the rock star now!

Tim Kulinski said...

Wow Mike, I remember how rough that tank looked before, looks good now! Good work man!

Simon Q said...

Nice work they look great. I'm surprised the HQ can't take a jeep you'd imagine they would

Da Green Skins said...

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. Can't wait to get my next 250 points.