BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Napoleonic British

If you have followed my blog since I started you might remember back in 2008 I posted up some pictures of my Napoleonic British.  This was one of those projects that I started and I never finished.  The reality was, at the time, I didn't like any of the rules that were out on the market.  A buddy and I even started writing our own set of rules.  Nothing really panned out and everything was packed up and placed in the closet. 

I never stopped my search for a set of rules that I liked.  When Warhammer Historical released Waterloo I got excited.  I thought that this might be the rule system that I was waiting for.  I picked up the rules right before GW announced the closing of their Historical line.  So those rules now just sit on the shelve along with all the other GW rules systems they don't support any longer.  I know I can play the Waterloo rules but what's the point if others can't buy the rules.  To be perfectly honest with you, I just don't want to support GW any longer.

Well I have found a rule system that I like and they are going to be supporting Napoleonic gaming.  I am talking about Black Powder by Warlord Games.  I saw these rules being used for an ACW game and liked the game mechanics.  On top of that, they are releasing a Napoleonic supplement later this month.  In addition to that, Perry Brothers and Victrix are both producing some great plastic miniatures and Warlord Games carries both lines.  I have found what I have been looking for.

So I picked up the Black Powder rules and dusted off my collection of miniatures.  My original collection included a lot of Old Glory miniatures.  I decided to leave those in the closet and pick up some Perry Brothers and Victrix.  I decided to test paint one of the Perry Brothers miniatures and it was such a easy model to paint.  All the detail is raised and since they are multi part models you can paint each part separately.  I like the way my model turned out.






Now Warlords Games first supplement will be for Peninsular battles.  I have decided to model my figures for Waterloo.  Warlord Games stated that they are releasing a second supplement for Waterloo.  I know that it is going to take me a long time to paint up my units and by the time I finish they should have the Waterloo supplement out.  So I will be undertaking the long journey and task of painting my collection of miniatures.       



4 Comments:

Drunken Samurai said...

Excellent work! I really like how that guy turned out. Next year I will make a push to get some French done. I love the look of all the new plastics and will be using them whenever possible.

Da Green Skins said...

I picked up some cavalry today and I am so impressed with how nice the models look. I'm using a lot of inks on these models and they are a lot of fun to paint. Can't wait to get a full unit done.

fireymonkeyboy said...

Yeah, there's something about BP that's appealing. I'm curious to see how the project develops for you.

Tom O said...

Looks very good Mike!