BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Blood Bowl

 Today like every day I am thankful to all the men and women that serve in our military branches that allow me the freedom to pursue happiness and prosperity.  I am thankful to my family and friends that support me in my pursuits.  Today is the day in which I celebrate all that I am thankful for.  It has been a long family tradition on this day to spend hours in the kitchen cocking a Thanksgiving feast and sitting around watching football.  I could not think of a better day to show off my newly painted Blood Bowl team.  These are just the the plastic models that come with the game.  Not very exciting models to paint and very plain looking.  I decided to jazz them up a little using decals and a good color pallet.  I also added some bits on the bases to give them some personality.  I have not officially named my team however I am playing around with some different names.  The one that I am leaning towards is, Da Greenskin Waaaghers.  So this New Years at the annual Blood Bowl Day (at my buddies Tim's house) these guys will take the table and dominate the field leaving behind them a bloody trail of body parts of those who oppose their greatness.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving     








4 Comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

Great stuff! Just to let you know, you've been nominated for a Liebster: http://themonkeythatwalks.blogspot.ca/2012/11/feel-love.html

Tim Kulinski said...

Mike,

Nice looking team, they are very clean and have that 80's feel to them. By the way, what are you using the shield icons on the bases for? Are they to tell you what position they are?

So when will the board be done??

Da Green Skins said...

Fireymonkeyboy: thanks for the Liebster nomination.

Tim: Yes the icons are used to identify the different position but also just to add to the look of my models.

Paul of the Man Cave said...

Great looking team - lovely colours give very crisp feel to them!

Glad you had a grea Thanksgiving weekend - I too am grateful for what I have, and what others provide me and my family.