BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hotchkiss H-35/39

Well it has been a productive month for me on the painting bench.  I finished 7 H-39 and 3 H-35.  I had the 3 H-35 set up with short guns but after looking at points and their effectiveness I decided to change them to long guns.  I just didn't see the point in changing the tanks back to H-39.  They are the same tanks on paper so I just changed the gun.  Anyways, now I have finished this force and I like the way it turned out.

I did have a chance to get some of these tanks on the table and play my buddies German list.  I was impressed with the way my force plays however having the "One Man Turret" rules creates some challenges for me.  This rules states that if I move I can only fire one gun and its a plus 1 to hit.  All my tanks have this rule, so it does make it harder for me to hit if I am running around the table.  So I need to set up and wait for my opponent to come to me.  However, that won't wont happen, I will charge right out front and take my chances.  My S-35's have a front being 6,  I can take a few hits and still survive.

Back to painting, her are some pictures of my Hotchkiss H35/39.

     
Now take a look at the family portrait.


Now this force gives me two list to play with.  Both are tank Companies and I have a few different build options.  I want to give myself more build options for my force so I am going to be adding some more units.

First, I am going to add another Char B-1.  I am going to use this for a possible HQ choice.

Second, I am adding a unit of 75mm mle 1897 guns.  They will be towed behind some Laffly trucks.

I am also thinking about adding 5 more S-35's.  I will not make a decision on this until my new stuff is painted.


Once this force is done I will start painting my USA stuff and start collecting my British Force for North Africa.  I will keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Drunken Samurai said...

Great looking army! Can't wait to see it on the table.

Tom O said...

Very nice.