BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 27, 2012

Tombstone Arizona

Last night we returned from my annual pilgrimage to Tombstone Arizona.  This is something my wife and I started a few years ago.  Just taking small trips in state and having fun together.  For those of you that are not local, we actually have two different Tombstones.  We have the actually City of Tombstone which is the real Tombstone Arizona.  It still has many of the old buildings and people dress in period clothing and shot each other.  It is a great place to hang out and do some shopping.  You can see Boot Hill and visit the graves of some historical figures.  Tour the old buildings and even do some ghost hunting if your into that kind of stuff, my wife is.  If you are really feeling adventures you can take a jeep tour and visit three different ghost towns in the area and see more grave sites.  It is just a real relaxing place just to have some fun.  The other Tombstone is know as Tombstone Studios.  Now this is the Tombstone that you see in the movies and is still used today for making western movies.  It also is a fun place to visit however it is more like a park and not a community.  You can see different skits from movies that were filmed at the studios.  It is fun as a day trip and that is about it.   

My wife and I like to visit the real Tombstone.  It is about a 4 hour drive from our home so we leave early in the morning and show up right when the town starts waking up.  We watch the shows and shop at the local stores.  It is just a great way to step back in time.  We drink with the locals and just have fun in their small town.  I would show you pictures but my wife and I really don't take a lot of pictures.  We take our camera and just forget about taking it out.  We just enjoy what we are doing.

I did purchase some things that I wanted so share with everyone.  I saw this huge D6 at a store and just had to have it.  I placed a mounted figure in front of it so you could see just how big it is.  I measures 3 inches from the flat sides.  It is solid plastic and they even added the pips making it an authentic dice.  The funny thing is this was not the biggest D6 they had for sale, there was one bigger then this.  I would have picked up the bigger one but I did not like the colors they had to offer.  I plan to use this bad boy as a turn counter.  Maybe next year I will get the bigger one just for the novelty of having it.

I also picked up some poker chips.  They are from the Bird Cage and I just thought they were cool.  I might use them for something related to gaming just not sure what.  If anything maybe just objective markers.  Most likely they will just end up in a box packed away for another time in my life.

Lastly, I picked up this cool knife.  This has nothing to do with gaming I just collect knives and had to have this one.  The blade is damascus which gives it that color pattern.  From what I know about this type of blade, it is two different pieces of metal forged together by hammering the metal and folding it over and repeating the process.  I know there is more to it then that but that is the basic concept.  This process creates a very nice looking knife blade and it can be very sharp. 

Well now that I am back from my trip it is time to get back to work on painting models and living a daily life.  Till my next adventure to Tombstone, The Town Too Tough To Die.        



0 Comments: