BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 13, 2012

Malifaux

It has been almost two months since my last post. I have been busy in the gaming world however not with painting. I have been playing more lately and that has created a slow down on the painting bench. I have some models finished for a game call "Malifaux". It is a unique game that doesn't use dice and instead you play with a deck of cards. I found the game mechanic to be interesting so I decided to play a few games. I did not do so well with my first few games and need to spend more time reading the rules and how the other forces play. I still had fun playing the game and will play some more in the future.

What I like the most about this game is you don't need a lot of models to play. I picked up a Guild stater pack and one extra model, Executioner (Big fat dude with swords for figures). I have everything painted except one model. I am happy with the way they turned out and that last model will get painted some day.

Talking about paint and painting, we have all heard about GW's new paint line and all the wonderful colors they now have. When I was at my local game store I noticed they had a DRY paint. I was not sure what it was all about at first until the store owner told me that it was for dry brushing. I like to try all the new trends in painting so I picked up a flesh color. If you look at the Executioner, he was dry brushed with GW's new DRY paint. I am undecided on this new paint. I am going to use it some more before I say anything negative, just at this point I am not impressed with this DRY paint. Maybe it is marketed more towards new gamers and this old timer is just not impressed.







4 Comments:

JoeGKushner said...

I like the variety on the Death Marshal's bases.

Drunken Samurai said...

Very nice! Good to see you posting again. I guess it is my turn now.

Jerry said...

These look really cool, Mike. I don't know too much about Malifaux. I didn't know you don't even use dice. That sounds very unique.

When I saw GW advertizing dry paint, I had to laugh. Anyone who has ever had to use their old paint pots knows all GW paint is dry the day after you open. Now they're charging you for it!

Da Green Skins said...

JoeGKushner, thanks for noticing my basing. I always like to do something different to make my models stand out.

Drunken Samurai, wait till you see my post of my new French army.

Jerry, it is a unique gaming system and is fun to play. You might want to take a loo at it one of these days. Also, the new GW paint posts are not much better then the old ones. I figured I couldn't go wrong, when it dries out more I will just turn it into regular paint.