BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Flames of War

When this year started my goal was to start painting WW2 models. The first 4 months of the New Year are almost gone and I have not painted much and nothing for WW2, until now.

I recently picked up a collection for early war French vehicles. The game shop I hang out at had this collection for sale used and the price was just too good for me to walk away from. Only a few of the models were built and nothing was painted. So I am now playing the French. For early war they should be a lot of fun to play and I can't wait to get the army on the table.

I just finished my Panhards AMD-35 and snapped a few pictures to show everyone. My research showed most of these vehicles painted in only the two color camouflage. I have not researched all my tanks yet so I am not sold on the three color camouflage.

My goal now it to get this army painted by the end of May. I am really going to have to push myself to get it done. Enjoy the pictures.







6 Comments:

Tim Kulinski said...

Mike,

Those look cool, but you know what will make them better, is putting flames on them when my German tanks blow them up!!

I have ordered a ton of early war tanks to go up against these and the rest of your French.

Drunken Samurai said...

Looking good! You are going to force me to build an early war Italian army to face you.

Da Green Skins said...

Tim,

Your Germans don't stand a chance against my French. I can't wait to see your army.

Drunken,

Italians would be great against my French. When are you going to order your army?

Jerry said...

Nice job, Mike. You should fight my Americans anyway. The French are weird that way.

Tom O said...

They look good Mike. I've started working on my early war FOW army as well - Polish 10th Mechanized. I bought some Peter Pig French tank commanders for it since the Polish tankers used a similar helmet as the French and I have some extras for you if you are interested; let me know.

Tom O

Drunken Samurai said...

It will be a while before I jump into an early war army...well a new one anyway. I am trying to stay focused on my mid-war Africa/Italy stuff.