BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gathering in the Desert 2012 Recap

Last weekend was the Gathering in the Desert tournament and I am just getting around to writing anything about it. I will not apologize for taking so long, my life has been going through a lot of changes. If you read my previous post you know that I started a new job and it has been very exciting and consuming a lot of my time.

So here is my recap, it was a great weekend and I had a blast. What I liked the best was how the tournament was set up, Good vs. Evil. I feel this is really the only way to play Lord of the Rings. I saw armies at the event that I would not have ever seen in a traditional tournament. I didn't win any trophies or prizes however that wasn't what I was after. I had a great time playing games with friends. For those of you that want to see the numbers just click on this link.

So what if the future of Lord of the Rings. We have new Army Books out and there has been some changes in the way that armies are built. We also have new scenario and army deployment is based on the new warbands. With these changes we are not sure how it will work out in a tournament setting. So we need to get some games in and see how everything works out. We do have a local tournament taking place on March 3 using the new army construction. This will be a big tell all on how these changes will work in a tournament.

Now what is in the future for me. With my new job consuming a lot of my time I am not sure if I am going to be working on any of my projects. I will continue to work on my Blood Bowl Board and then start painting some Flames of War and playing this game. I will keep you posted.

0 Comments: