BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lord of the Rings Elf

Who hacked my blog page and put this Elf on it.  This is an outrage and must be corrected.

OK, it was me and I must apologize to my followers for doing this however a friend of mine asked me to help him with painting his Elf army.  I was giving him a lot of advice however it was easier for me to paint a model for him so he could see what I was telling him.  I like the way it turned out and I got to use some colors that I don't normally use, like gold.  The best part of this paint job was the hair.  He wanted a blond color and that is really hard to do.  I didn't want to give the model a bleach blond hair color and I went with a dirty blond.  I think it turned out rather nice.




 
While I was painting this model for my friend I decided to test paint one of my models for my next army.  This was a simple paint job and I based it on one of my custom bases.  The other thing I did was replaced his pike with one that I made.  I think it really turned out great. 



4 Comments:

Inhir said...

I am filled with lothing for your existance

Da Green Skins said...

I will take that to mean you like it. Now get to painting your Elf army you slacker.

Tim Kulinski said...

Mike,

I like the new Pikes, what are you using for them and why the change?

Da Green Skins said...

I am just using brass rod. I take a hammer to one end and pound it flat. Then I trim it to the shape that I want. Then I use some wire to make it look like the tip is being held on. Why am I doing this, just want my army to stand out from other armies.