BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Commands and Colors: Napoleonics

I was introduced to a new game and found it real enjoyable, Commands and Colors: Napoleonics.  I was familiar with the games mechanics playing Memoir 44.   A short outline of the game goes like this, movement is card driven, combat is dice driven, it is played on a board and the units are wooden blocks with unit stickers on both sides.  The game comes with a booklet of scenarios that you can play with a friend.  If you want to learn more about the game I am sure you can find thousands of reviews on-line.

I have had an interest playing a Napoleonics game for some time now.  The challenge has always been finding a game that was fun to play.  Most of the games I have played in the past were not much fun to play.  The game mechanics were too detailed and chart heavy.  I wanted something that was fast paced and this game fits the bill.

Me being me, I can't be happy just playing this game the way it is designed.  After playing the game with a friend we talked about converting this game so we can use miniatures.  We talked about what types of hexagons were on the market that we could use and we were not happy with our options.  I then decided to just cut the hexagons myself.  I made a jig for my table saw and got to work cutting out hexagons.  You can see in the pictures I made the trees removable so I can transport board easier.  I still have a lot of work to get the board completed and I am shooting to have most of the work done by the end of the month.  I am going to work on one scenario at a time.  Once I get the board all done then I can get to work on painting my British Troops. 


1 Comments:

Inhir said...

mike it looks fantastic i cant wait to see it put together and start working on our epic board.