BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 3, 2010

My Heroes

I just finished the heroes for my army.  Let me give you the run down.

From left to right,

Mordor Uruk-hai Captain with sheild
Ringwraith (Bob the Budget Ringwraith)
Shagrat, Captain of Cirith Ungol (Shaggy)
Orc Drummer

You will also notice an Orc with a banner.  I was told I needed a separate model from my army to use in one of the scenarios.  So I decided to make a banner that celebrates the event that will be held next year.  The event is called "Gathering in the Desert", so I used decals and put "GD 2011" on it.  The banner I used was from one of my Black Orcs, WFB.  I chopped off the skulls and some other items and then reshaped some of the banner.  I will be able to display the banner when my army is scored for painting however I will only be using the model for the one scenario.

I am now almost done with painting the army, I only have my 19 archers to finish.  I am going to be adding bow strings and making some modifications to the models.  The archers they offer don't have my different poses and having so many of them I want to make them look different.  I will keep you posted.   



6 Comments:

Tim Kulinski said...

Mike,

Nice work man although I was hoping to see Gathering in the Desert all painted out on the banner! LOL

Looks good and whenever you want to get in another practice game let me know.

Da Green Skins said...

Maybe for 2012, I just have too much going on right now and my time is limited. Are you available to play any in the evenings? Let me know.

Inhir said...

they look good buddy

Da Green Skins said...

Thanks buddy, I just have a few more to go and the army will be done.

Tim Kulinski said...

Mike,

Depends on what evenings, Tuesday & Saturdays are tough, but most other nights are open.

Let me know...

Da Green Skins said...

The next few weeks are out, the PM I sent you should explain that. Then we have X-mas. We could get some games in at the start of the new year. I have New Years Day off this year and it is a Saturday, do you have plans? Maybe we could get a few people together and play a few games. Let me know.