BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Getting Closer to Completion

I finished 8 of my archers, I only have 11 more models to finish and this army will be done.  This is a big deal for me.  I am not known for painting complete armies.  "I'm that guy", I will start painting and never really finish an army, just a few models.  I have boxes and blisters of models just sitting around collecting dust and not many with paint.  Completing this army has really got me excited to finish other armies in my collection. 

Just a little on these models.  I did some basic conversion work with some of the arms.  I simply cut the bow arm off and repositioned it.  Then I added a bow strings.  I am very happy with the way they turned out.  Now I come to a cross road with my army.  I am running the archers as Orc Trackers.  I have purchased the actual models however I don't like them.  They are metal models and don't leave much room for conversion.  There are only three poses and they just don't get me excited.  I also don't feel that they fit with the overall look of my army.  So I think I am going to purchase some more Mordor Orcs and finish out this army with them and take Orc Tracker models out.  I am more concerned with the overall look of the army since it is going to be a tournament army.                 



5 Comments:

RTGamer said...

These look very solid! I like the look of them.

The 1st picture is showing as an red X for me but the rest look really nice.

Any chance of a full force shot when your done?

Da Green Skins said...

Thanks for the feedback. My pictures are not the greatest however I have been told that for Christmas I will be getting a Photo Box so I can take better pictures. Once I get the army done I plan to get a force photo done so check back in a few weeks.

Tim Kulinski said...

Mike,

Nice work man, those look great and will get you more points on the painting checklist.

By the way, I checked to see if I have any Orc bowman left and I am out of them. Do have a bunch of Minias Tirith guys that could be converted though.

Anyway great work man...

Da Green Skins said...

Tim thanks for the feedback. After Christmas we should get a few games in. I also still need to pick up those books for you, I will get it done this week.

Mike

Inhir said...

They look REAAALLY good mike perhaps even to good... :)