BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Look What I Have Gandalf

While I have been working on getting my army painted I have also been working on my painting entry. I wanted to do something fun that included some conversion work. I really like the pose of this model however it needed some work. I cut the sword off and added a metal rod and and spear head. It is a spear head from my vampire army and filed it down to scale. Then I cut off the army holding the shield and replaced it with an arm from an Orc archer. I was happy with the results however it was still missing something. Looking through my bits box I found it, Gandalf. So I cut his head off (it felt so good however I knew it was so wrong to enjoy it) and removed his hat. Then it was added to the model and now it looked complete. Now that I have the conversion work done and will put it on the back burner for painting. I have to get my army painted before working on this project.

3 Comments:

Tim Kulinski said...

Dude, that is funny! Are you entering it as a single model or a Diorama?

Da Green Skins said...

If I have time to build a diorama then I will. I have an idea for a display board that is going to also chew up a lot of my time. First thing first, paint the army.

Inhir said...

there are times i hate you mike :)