BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 20, 2010

Mordor Orcs

I finished a Mordor Orc and wanted to share the results. When I first finished it my biggest critic, my wife, told me it did not look right. She said it was to bright and clean. My wife is a big fan of Lord of the Rings so I took her observation too heart. So I gave the model a black wash to tone down the colors. I am happy with the results and it was an easy model to paint. It took me a total of 3 hours from start to finish.  So let me know what you think about this paint job.  



3 Comments:

Drunken Samurai said...

Looking good! Remember, LOTR orcs are not all green. In fact, green is rare. There are lots of variation in the skin tones.

Da Green Skins said...

Thanks Drunken Samurai. You are correct about the skin tones and I will start playing with different colors on my other models. Have a great day.

Inhir said...

Sigh, Silly orc dont you know your supposed to look dirty and not clean. Though i guess it doesnt really matter your orcs will die to my elven blades and bows