BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm Back

Hello everybody, I'm back. I dropped off the blog-a-sphere for over a month. I just needed to take a break from painting, building and all things gaming. I also have been having some issues this year with the heat. I have lived in Arizona for over 35 years however this summer has been hard on me. I come home from work just exhausted and have no motivation to do anything. I think my age is catching up to me or I am just getting lazier in my old age.

A lot of things have been happening in the gaming world with the release of 8th edition WFB. I am excited about the new rules and picked up the collectors edition of the rules. Not a very practical purchase however I really liked the leather cover and the fancy paper. Now I will have to dust off my fantasy army and get a few games in.

I am going to start working on a new army and learning a new game. We are lucky in Arizona to have an Independent Grand Tournament for Lords of the Rings. In 2011 it is going to be hosted at my local game shop. This is exciting for me and I really want to play in the tournament. I have been talking to my EPIC buddy who plays the game and he has nothing but good things to say about it. I am looking at playing Mordor Orcs, big shock on my army selection. This is going to be a big challenge for me, I have just over 6 months to purchase and paint a new army and then learn how to play the game good enough to be competitive in a tournament.

Well that is enough rambling from me. I feel refreshed and ready to continue moving forward with my gaming adventures.

2 Comments:

John said...

Lets hear about the Infinity game...

Da Green Skins said...

Good to hear from you John. I have only seen the game being played at the shop, I have not played the new rules yet. Maybe today I might use one of the guys armies and give it a run. Talk to you later.