BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 13, 2010

More EPIC Orks

I finished some more models for my EPIC army. I am running into some issues priming my models right now. I live in Arizona and the temperature is starting to rise.  If your not familiar with what happens when priming your models in the heat let me be the first to tell you it is not good.  What happens is the primer drys before hitting the model and makes it fuzzy.  I had to strip the Deff Dreads because the primer was that bad.  So now I have a few options on what I am going to do until summer is over.  Firstly, I could just stop painting and just build models for the next few months.  Secondly, I could start using a brush on primer.  Lastly, I could build a small spray booth and prime inside my house.  I thinking I might do a combination of the first two.  The last option is out of the question.  My wife would kill me if she knew I was priming models in the house.  All I can say for sure is that my painting will be slowing down for the next few months.       


5 Comments:

Inhir said...

ARG Yet more models your adding to my inferority complex when it comes to painting

Da Green Skins said...

You were right. It is much more rewarding to paint vehicles rather than troops.

Inhir said...

yea but wait till you have nothing but troops left to paint then it becomes a bit daunting

Da Green Skins said...

Not for me. I enjoy painting the troops.

Inhir said...

Ofcourse you will enjoy it but when you spend a week or two on them and only achieve half a formation it will be a sad time.