BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 7, 2010

EPIC Painting

The Boyz and I have been busily painting buggies this week.  We finished late last night and have some pictures to show you.  The one thing we didn't want to have happen was to paint them all the same.  So if you notice in the pictures we painted different details different colors.  When doing assembly line painting it is real easy to get caught up in the repetition of painting.  With 28mm models you can paint everything with the same colors and have the great looking army.  With EPIC I don't feel you can do that.  EPIC is so small and lacks a lot of the details that you see on 28mm models.  I want my army to have personality and to stand out on the table.  I also wanted to ensure that they looked like they belonged together.  So what I did was picked a primary color for the unit, I went with RED.  Then I painted one buggy the way I wanted it.  This gave me my color pallet.  Then when I painted the other buggies I chose colors from my color pallet to paint the different details.  This is just something to think about when painting your models.  You want your unit to stand out on the table and not just one or two of your models.  Now my unit of buggies each have their own individual look and when placed together they look even better.           





5 Comments:

Inhir said...

These buggys are much to nice looking to be true orks im thinking they arnt real green skins

Da Green Skins said...

I will work harder to make them look like Orks. Maybe I will paint them using your IG colors.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Great looking Epic Orks! Do you mind if I use a couple of photos on my Epic miniature database? I especially need a picture of a Fighta Bommer:
http://miniwars.co.uk/epic/units/epic-orks/epic-fighta-bommer

Cheers,
Nick

Da Green Skins said...

Nick thanks for checking out my blog page and yes please use my pics for your database. I like your website and joined it.

Take Care
Mike

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mike :)

Nick