BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

EPIC Basing

At 3:00 P.M. today I punched out from work and my vacation officially started. This is a much deserved break from work. It has been almost 1 year since my last vacation. So I have no plans to leave town or get anything done around the house. I am simply taking a mental break from work.

Now let me get to the purpose of this post. I started playing EPIC a few months ago. I really enjoy the game and have already collected a good size army. I purchased my models from e-bay and have seen many armies up for bid. I have seen some great models on e-bay however they were lost in the base material. The basing material used was out of scale. The grass was too tall or clumpy. The sand was just too rocky and chunky. I have played around with different basing materials and have found that most of the materials is just too big. My experimenting has lead me to something called "Decor Sand". I purchase it from a craft store and it comes in a verity of colors. I just pick out some of the flat surfaces on the base, I use a very small amount of Zap-A-Gap and then put some sand over the glue. Then I apply some paint and I am done. When I find a grass material that I like I will apply it, until then I am just going to keep them the way they are.


3 Comments:

Dean said...

I agree with you, good looking bases really make the model stand out. Yours look really nice and look to scale. Great Job!

Inhir said...

sigh... why mike... why must everyone show me up in any game we play :(

Da Green Skins said...

I have to make up for all the games you win.