BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Humvee Update

Lots of work has been done to the Humvee since my last update. I am sharing three different pictures of the model to show you how I put rivets on. The first picture shows the model with plastic rods sticking out from the side. What I do is simple and fast. I cut the plastic rod that I am using for rivets into 1/2 inch sections. I sand the contact side to ensure that it is flat. Then I put a small amount of glue on the contact side and glue it into place. Then once I have a few dozen in place I cut the excess off. When I cut the excess off I make sure that the flat end of my cutters line up with the model. This leaves a nice flat surface. Then once the excess is cut off, I then file the rivets to the height I want them. I have found this method to be a lot more productive then cutting the rivets to size first and then trying to glue them in place. The excess that I cut off is saved to make more rivets. The second two pictures show a more completed look. I still need to file the rivets down however you can see how they look. I still have a lot of work to do on this model and it has slowed me down on my other projects. I am shooting to have the majority of this project done by the end of the month.



0 Comments: