BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ork Double Wide



A few weeks back I purchased a book from IOG about modeling tanks. It is an Osprey book called, Modelling Armoured Vehicles. I spent the past few weeks reading it along with military modeling magazines. I have always enjoyed building models and converting them for the games I play. So I decided to create a unique tank for my Spork army. I will be updating my blog documenting my creation.

I have decided to take a Land Raider and make it larger in size. I am calling it the Ork Double Wide. I started by purchasing two Land Raiders so that I have enough parts and pieces to make my tank. My vision for the tank is simple. I just want to make the tank wider then the original model. I will have to convert the top piece and join many of the parts together so that they look like one piece. Now that I have my plan now its time to start creating it.

Then first step was to replace the bottom piece that joins the sides with a new one. I made a cardboard template so I could get my measurements for the new bottom piece. Once I had my template I could then make the new piece using plastic card. Then I put the basic model together so I could see what it would look like. It is not glued together, it is just set in place to give me an ideal of what it will look like. I will to join all the front pieces together and use green stuff to fill the seems. I want the pieces to look like one and not just pieces glued together. When this project is completed I want it to still look like a Space Marine Land Raider. It will just be driven by my Sporks.

0 Comments: