BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 18, 2008

Classic Models (Stripping Paint)

One of the joys playing WFB is the large number of models you can collect for an army. I play Orcs and Goblins and purchase many classic models from ebay. One of the problems with this is that most of the models come painted. In order to keep my army looking the same I have to re-paint the models. This can only happen if I can strip the old paint off the models. I have been successful in doing so and thought I would share my stripping process. This process should only be used on METAL MODELS.

Step One: Purchase the models. Today I received two classic Doom Divers.



Step Two: Pull out the can of paint stripper that I purchased from Ace Hardware.



Step Three: Poor some of the paint stripper on the models. I place a piece of material on my work surface so that the paint stripper does not destroy my work surface. Keep in mind this is a paint stripper and will cause skin irritation and melt most plastics.



Step Four: I then fold the material over the model. This will keep the paint stripper from running off the model and work more effectively. This paint stripper is like a gel and will run off the model.



Step Five: After waiting 5 to 10 minutes, I then unwrap the models. I then use a pair of tweezers to remove the model and place it in a bucket of water. The water will naturalize the paint stripper. I then use a cheap, plastic brush to scrub the paint off the model. Even though I have placed the model in the water to naturalize the paint stripper, I still use caution to ensure that the paint stripper does not get on my skin.



Step Six: After the scrubbing the model some paint and glue may still be present. Just repeat the process. If the model has a lot of glue on it you may have to repeat this process a few times. You can use the same piece of material and just poor some new paint stripper on the model.



Once I have completed the stripping and satisfied with the outcome, I can put the models back together and paint them as I see fit. Now I will be adding two classic Doom Divers to my Orc and Goblin Army. I think this puts me at a total of 4 Doom Divers

.

0 Comments: